Tuesday, October 22, 2019 | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm | Atlanta, GA
Please join AGG for our annual Employment Law Seminar on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. Our attorneys—who have been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Super Lawyers—will help you navigate today’s harrowing employment adventures, from the application process to termination and beyond.
- An Interactive Discussion – Part One:
- Employees or Independent Contractors?
- Qualifying your Employees (or Contractors): Background Screening
- Documenting the Employment Relationship
- Benefits Pitfalls (with or without the ACA)
- Classifying and Paying your Employees Correctly
- An Interactive Discussion – Part Two:
- Employment Policies and Handbooks
- Performance Management both Good and Bad
- Dealing with the Difficult Employee
- Effectively Terminating the Difficult Employee
- Managing Post-Employment Disputes
- Paying More? At Long Last, the New White Collar Exemptions
- Riding High? Marijuana and other Drugs in the Workplace
- Raids Coming? Immigration Update
- Firing the Squeaky Wheel? How to Deal with a Whistleblower
Registration and Location:
- Sign up early, as space is limited. Please click here to register by Thursday, October 17.
- The event has been approved for 6 hours of CLE credit by the State Bar of Georgia CLE credit. Society for Human Resource Management HRCI recertification credit and CPE credit hours have been applied for.
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339